How to Hire the Best Landscaping Contractor near Bynum Alabama
Like so many homeowners your lawn is not looking so great and you really need a qualified landscaping contractor near Bynum AL but have no idea how to locate one. And since you take tremendous pride in your home, you want to make sure that you hire the right contractor. Choosing the right landscaper will not only result in a much more attractive lawn and garden, but will also add more pleasure to your outdoor summer activities. And if you have your home on the market, most realtors will advise you that finding a buyer is all about curb appeal. The range of services that you have at your disposal may be as basic as having your grass cut once a week to having a landscape designer or architect work their magic on your yard to suit your own sense of style. Or maybe your trees need trimming and your shrubs need pruning? And in the winter most landscaping companies offer services for snow removal as well. No matter what you need, choosing from among the multitude of area landscaping companies can take a lot of time and research on your part. After all, if after the work is completed you are not happy with the results, it’s not like you can return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easy way to find highly skilled and reputable landscaping services near you. We’ll cover that topic a little bit later. First, we’ll cover how to do your due diligence when looking for a local service.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Bynum AL homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Bynum AL companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Bynum AL landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Bynum AL landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Bynum AL contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Bynum AL landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Bynum AL area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Bynum AL landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Landscapers in Bynum Alabama?
If you live in the Bynum AL area and are looking for a professional landscaping service, the following information may be both interesting and informative regarding the history of your place of residence.
Bynum is a former census-designated place in Calhoun County, Alabama, United States. At the 2000 census the population was 1,863. The area is now part of the city of Oxford and is included in the Anniston–Oxford, Alabama Metropolitan Statistical Area.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,863 people, 734 households, and 546 families residing in the community. The population density was 564.4 people per square mile (218.0/km2). There were 772 housing units at an average density of 233.9 per square mile (90.3/km2). The racial makeup of the community was 86.96% White, 9.98% Black or African American, 0.70% Native American, 0.16% Asian, 0.54% from other races, and 1.66% from two or more races. 1.40% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 734 households out of which 32.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 59.8% were married couples living together, 11.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 25.5% were non-families. 21.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.54 and the average family size was 2.94.
Gardening Services Bynum AL
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out more about the topic Gardening Services. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the best pre-screened landscaping companies servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Bynum AL landscaping professional at the right price now!
More Landscaped Locations in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 6